11/06/2016 / 11:00 - 23:00
James June Sommergarten
Karl Marx Allee 93
Welcome to the 16th Fotomarathon!
In addition to posing a photographi challenge, the Fotomarathon invites you to see the city with a different perspective. You can create your own photo sets in the city: passers by can be your models, your friends can be your assistants and the city can be your own 3D background. We work hard to find off-the-beaten-path or otherwise interesting locations to discover. We tell you a bit more in each theme sheet, where you find your topics, with interesting facts and a bit of history. This makes the 12 hour journey a trip to the unknown not only for visitors and Berliners alike.
You can participate in the 16th Fotomarathon as follows:
- 12 hours Fotomarathon: 12 photos in 12 hours. Both analogue and digital, starts 11. June 11am to 11 pm. Places are limited to 250.
- 24 hours Fotomarathon: 24 photos in 24 hours. Both analogue and digital. This is limited to 50 places. Starts 11.June 11am and ends 12.June at 11am.
This year the Fotomarathon in Berlin takes place on Saturday, June 11th at 11.00 hours at James June Sommergarten in Friedrichshain (U5 Weberwiese) The Fotomarathon Team will be there as from 10.00 am.
Who can participate?
Everyone with enthusiasm and a digital (or analogue) camera with a memory card can take part and accept the challenge in heart and soul. At this point we cannot accept participation with a mobile phone. Whether amateur or professional, alone or in a team, an original Berliner or a visitor –the most important thing is to be creative, relentless and tireless. Participant numbers are limited.
How do I register?
To complete your registration please select a ticket for your registration, and an additional one if you want to receive your photo series by post. Proceed to fill the form and press the button to register. Due to this year´s registration system, a user account will be created. You will get the access details via Email. With those access details you can cancel your ticket (until 1.June at 19.00 hours at the latest), you can change the address to receive the photo series, or change the name on the ticket, to give it to a friend (instead of cancelling it).
The user accounts will be deleted after the photo series are sent, a few weeks after the exhibition.
Key information – a summary:
- Fotomarathon start: Saturday June 6, 11am. Start Location James June Sommergarten
- 12 Photos must be taken in 12 hours. Start: Saturday 11. June 11am. End: Saturday 11. June 23:00 hours
- 24 photos must be taken in 24 hours. Start: Saturday 11. June 11.00. End: Sunday 12. June 11.00 hours
- Exhibition: time and place to be announced soon.
- Registration Fees
- 12/24 Hour Fotomarathon: 33 EUR, Early bird tickets 29 EUR (first 80 places)
- Day tickets on Fotomarathon day: 37 EUR (pending availability)
- Shipping: You can only order the shipping of your photo series together with your registration (i.e. NOW!) We will ship the photos after the exhibition. We cannot accept requests for shipping outside of the registration process.
- Register by filling out the form below, choose a ticket for the type of Fotomarathon (12, 24 hour youth ticket, analog, digital) and an additional ticket if you want to order your photo series per post. You can pay via Paypal or bank transfer.
- The final cut: Last day of registration is June 9, 2016 at 21.00 hours.
Bookings are closed for this event.